Sunday, May 2, 2010

#80 Apple fritter at Bob's Donuts

I have one more catch-up entry before I move on! It'll be short. Sometime in the last few months, B brought home #80 Apple fritter at Bob's Donuts. (Actually, I also ate #46 Chips and salsa at Papalote, but since B wasn't there, it doesn't count for the purposes of this blog.) His office is on the same block of Polk Street, so I figured it was time for us to sample their wares. The reason this post will be short is because I really don't have much else to say. The fritter was fine—good, even. But it was simply an apple fritter, nothing more and nothing less. I didn't think it was list-worthy.

Before I dismiss Bob's outright, I should point out that A&K say there are specific times, usually in the wee hours of the morning, that the donuts come out piping hot and are particularly fresh and delicious. I will have to plan a follow-up expedition for apple fritter, take two.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I just indulged my craving for an apple fritter yesterday. At room temperature, the fritter from All Star Donuts on Clement is far superior. We still have to try the hot fritter from Bob's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dave has had a hot fritter. i've seen fresh doughnuts being rolled off the trays around 9pm and 2am in the past....so plan accordingly. or we can go in and ask their schedule.

    ReplyDelete